Popular Posts

2/22/2016

Travel Essentials

I love to travel and I would say I travel pretty often. I go on vacation every summer where I either fly or drive somewhere so I would like to think I know a little bit about traveling and what/what not to bring. Here are some of my tips and essentials for traveling.


Dress comfortably! I know this is kind of a no brainer but you'd be surprised by how many people I've seen in the airport with dresses and heels. Maybe that's what your comfortable in but not me or anyone I know of. I know you want to look cute but you can do that with comfy clothes! Personally, I don't like wearing jeans for traveling since they're harder to move around in so I usually go for leggings (I just live in them anyway and they're really good when you're sitting around for hours). Also, since I usually travel in the summer time, I always go for a cute t-shirt with a sweater or sweatshirt, since I always get cold on the plane and in the airport. That's also good for when you get to your destination and you need a sweater, more room in your suitcase! For shoes, I like to wear sneakers, whether it's my Keds or my Nike's, I always have sneakers on while traveling. And again, more room in your suitcase without bulky sneakers. Also, I don't really like going through security barefoot (it's a germ thing...) and my feet get cold anyway so with sneakers I already have my socks on.

Entertainment! This is key to success while traveling. I always have my phone on me which has all of my music and last year I got my iPad so that was another thing that I added to my mandatory list of travel essentials. My laptop is something I never carry around (it's old and the battery is shot) so my iPad is a life savor. While stuck in the airport for 13 hours waiting to go to Florida (blog post on that is coming), my friend and I kept busy by playing games, listening to music, and watching Pitch Perfect over and over again. Definitely a must for me. I also love to take a book and a magazine. I love to read so for me that's always a good way to pass the time, but if you don't like to read (or just need a break from your book) a magazine is definitely a must. Something new I plan on taking with me on my trips this year is my coloring book. That will definitely keep me occupied on my eight hour trip to London.

A big and comfortable carry-on bag! Definitely a must. You need something to hold all of your entertainment essentials in. For the longest time I've been using my Longchamp Le Pliage large tote bag for my carry-on. It's big and holds everything I need. I've also used a backpack which can be better since you have the weight of it on both shoulders instead of just one, which can bother me with shoulder bags. I've recently ordered a new backpack since I want to try that again for traveling this year. It's cute so I can use it every day and it's also big, but not too big. I'm excited to use try it out for my upcoming spring break trip and then my big London trip this summer.

I'm not one to sleep on a plane (kind of have issues sleeping anywhere that's not my bed) but I will definitely have to sleep on my eight hour overnight flight to London, which is why my next essential is one of those travel neck pillows. Although I've never really used one, I definitely will be this year. My mom really loves these things and has used them both for plane and car rides so I'm just going by her.

Always check your flight before you go to the airport! Like I mentioned before, my friend and I spend 13 hours in the airport because our 10:15 am flight was canceled so that the rest of the flights could go back to their schedule, so I would just always suggest checking your flight before. Each season has it's own way of delaying/canceling your flight, and even though it may not be snowing/raining/etc for you, it may be in another part of the country (exactly what happened to us) so always be aware where your plane is coming from and what is going on there to just make sure your flight will be on time. And if you're already on your way to/at the airport when your flight is delayed/canceled I'm very sorry for you and I feel your pain. There are no amount of tips I can give you to make that experience better.

Check in the night before! If you're not checking any bags in then definitely do this! It makes things so much easier and you can go straight to the security line.

Hopefully all of these tips can help you to have a fun journey to wherever you are going!



No comments:

Post a Comment