Popular Posts

2/29/2016

Fuller House

If you're anything like me and grew up watching (and, actually, still watch) Full House than I'm sure you were also pretty excited to hear about Fuller House, the new Netflix spin off to Full House.
All thirteen episodes of season one were release on Netflix on February 26 and, of course, I jumped at the chance to watch them.  My friend has been trying to get me to use her Netflix account for the longest time, since I keep refusing since "I don't need Netflix", and this broke me down. The day after it was released I binge watched the entire season in one day while doing school work and can I just say, this definitely made the work more enjoyable.

Full House is one of my favorite old shows. Despite the fact that I was one when it ended, I grew up with this show and it's still one of my favorites today. Because of this, I found Fuller House so enjoyable and funny and super nostalgic. I think that's the main reason why I, and many other, find this show so great. If you're not a Full House lover you won't love Fuller House.
I love how it's basically the same story as the original show. There were so many times while watching each episode that I would go "They did that in this episode!" or "They're just like this character!" or "I remember seeing that picture or decoration in the old set!" It was little things like that that I found so amazing about this show. You can tell they really paid attention to details and tried to bring the old show back but still as some new elements to it.

For a quick summary on each character if you haven't seen it yet, Danny and Becky got a new job to host a talk show in LA so the two of them and Jesse are moving to LA, Joey is doing a show in Vegas, Nicky and Alex are in college, DJ lost her husband and is now on her own with her three boys (Jackson, Max, and Tommy), Stephanie is a DJ in London, Kimmy is separated from her husband Fernando and they have a daughter (Ramona), Michelle is too busy with her fashion empire in NYC to come back home (lots Michelle/Mary-Kate and Ashley joked throughout this first season), and even Steve is back. In the first episode everyone comes back for a going away party for Danny, Becky, and Jesse since they're moving and selling the house. Then, to help DJ out since she's now a single mom, Danny gives her the house and Stephanie and Kimmy move in to help out.

First of all, I love how DJ is basically the new Danny. She lost her husband and now has to take care of her three boys (who are similar ages as DJ, Stephanie, and Michelle when Full House started). Then we have Stephanie, the cool and fun aunt who gives up her cool and fun job/life to move back home and help her sister out with the kids aka the new Jesse. Last, but not least, we have Kimmy/new Joey, who also moves in (with her daughter) to help DJ out. Literally Danny, Jesse, and Joey.

Another thing I really liked about this show was that they used a lot of the same/similar storylines from Full House. Some are obvious and some are not as obvious (but you'd get it if you're an avid Full House watcher). A pretty obvious one that I really liked was in the first episode, Tommy is crying and to calm him down they sing The Flintstones theme song, exactly like they did to Michelle in the first episode of Full House. They even had that scene playing along side the new one which I thought was a nice and nostalgic touch. Some others that I liked, which were a little less obvious, were little things like that Jacksons reaction to sharing a room with his little brother was the same as DJ's reaction to sharing a room with Stephanie at first, Stephanie and Kimmy trying to change Tommy's diaper and failing just like Jesse and Joey, Jackson running away, similar to DJ, because he was upset about everything in his life changing, and those are just a few out of many in each episode. That was one of my favorite things about watching it, trying to see how many references they made.

STEVE! Steve is back! DJ and Steve were one of the couples I shipped before I knew what shipping was. No spoilers here, but I do like that they brought him back and reunited one of my favorite tv couples. All I'll say about this situation is that I really hope they get together because if not, I'm sure many people will not be happy.

Overall, I just really enjoyed this show. Like I mentioned before, unless you watch and love Full House, I would not suggest watching Fuller House, but if you are like me, and watch and love it, I highly suggest watching it. It's easy to watch in one day (especially while getting work done) ad it'll no doubt give you a lot of feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment