Popular Posts

7/21/2016

Tanya Bakes!


I absolutely love Tanya Burr. I love watching her videos and I really like her personality. I got her first book, Love Tanya, for Christmas (which I love) and it has a section with recipes in it (which I love even more), so when I found out she was making a book with just recipes I was so excited! I wanted to buy a signed copy but, of course, it was a bit too pricey since it was coming from the UK so tried to buy it from Barnes and Noble (since Amazon's shipping prices can be annoying and make your item not worth it). Barnes and Noble had it on their website as only an ebook up until the day it was released and then it was taken off and it was not in the store so I just decided to wait an extra week to buy it while I was on my trip to London.

Let me tell you, it was a bit of a struggle to find this. We went to Harrods, which has a WHSmith  (book store) on the second floor so I decided to wait until then to buy it (since we didn't end up near another book store before this day). I searched the cook book section and I couldn't find it anywhere! Then I decided to just look around some more and went to the fiction section (my favorite) and I saw Caspar Lee's book so I decided to look around that section some more and I finally found it!

I seriously love this book. LOVE it! Baking is a big hobby of mine so Tanya + baking = one of my favorite things ever.

Most of the recipes in here look so delicious and I can't wait to start making some. There's already one cake I bookmarked to make for my dad's birthday. I love how each recipe is is inspired by her childhood or a friend or family member. I think it makes the book a little more personal and makes each recipe that much more special. I also love how the temperatures for preheating your oven are, not only in celsius, but fahrenheit too! I tried to make her triple chocolate chip cookies (which were in her previous book and in one of her videos) and they didn't turn out that great because I wasn't sure of the correct temperature conversion so I'm really glad that she included both temperatures in this book to make it easier for us Americans to follow. I think this book is great for anyone who loves to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment