Popular Posts

4/03/2016

Book Review: The Scrapbook Of My Life


Since I'm a big fan of Alfie Deyes (PointlessBlog) and his newest book just came out so I thought I'd do a book review since I just finished reading it.

This book isn't out in the US yet but luckily my dad just got back from a business trip to the UK so I asked him to pick this up for me. I believe this book happens to be the special airport edition, which is why it's blue, but other than that I'm pretty sure it's the same as the red copy.

I enjoyed this book a lot. It was very easy to read, I read most of it in one day. It wasn't like your average autobiography/book in general. It's written like you're just talking to someone over text/email/etc. It was a quick and fun read. I liked hearing all of the little stories from when Alfie was younger that he hasn't shared in his videos or even stories from recently that he hasn't shared at all. I really liked getting to learn more about Alfie. Also, I liked that you could practically hear Alfie telling you these stories himself. As I was reading it's like I was reading it in his voice. He really put a lot of his own personality into it just like with his other books, The Pointless Book and The Pointless Book 2. Although those are more activity books, he really integrated his personality into them and I also like how he made this book semi-interactive just like his previous ones.

Also, there is an app coming to help add more to the book. It will have videos to help tell the stories in the book and I'm very excited for that. I think it'll really add something to the book, like it did with his two previous books.

If you're a fan of Alfie and want to read something quick, fun, and interesting I definitely recommend The Scrapbook of My Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment