Popular Posts

2/22/2016

Top 10 TV Shows

Just like most people, I love TV shows. I've always loved them but within the last few years I've been binge watching more. Because I've been binge watching more I've found a lot more shows that I love and I want to share them just because.


1. Parks and Recreations
My new favorite show! I started watching this last summer (aka a few months after it ended) although I should have started watching it a lot earlier. My friend suggested I watch it but I didn't because I was in the middle of another show but eventually I started it and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The cast is perfect, the stories are perfect, the humor is my kind of humor, and it's just overall a really hilarious and great show.

2. Friends
Who doesn't love this show? I can't even remember watching it for the first time because I just feel like I've been watching it my whole life thanks to my mom. I used to just casually watch it whenever she had it on but as I got older I really understood it more and grew to love it. Although I've seen every episode, recently I've been thinking of watching it from start to finish since I've never really watched it in order.
Also, two years ago I was able to go to the Central Perk pop-up shop in NYC and it was amazing! Definitely felt like I was in the real Central Perk.

3. Modern Family
One of the few shows I'm actually currently watching on TV right now. As you can probably tell by now, I'm mostly drawn to comedies (although there will be some dramas coming up) and this one a good one. I love every character on this show and I love their family dynamic. Every character is different but they all really compliment each other.

4. The Middle
My other favorite Wednesday night show! Just like Modern Family, I really like this show and the characters and the humor. I like the relatableness (just made up a new word) of shows like this (and also Modern Family) and I think that's why I find it so funny. Also, I love how Sue likes Taylor Swift because I feel that on a personal level.

5. Downton Abbey
The first drama! This is another one of those shows I heard a lot about before I started watching it last year. I'm also a sucker for all things British and I just felt like watching a new show. I also love history so this show was instantly a hit with me. I think my favorite things about this show would be the sets and the costumes because they're just so beautiful and really help the storylines. I really learned a lot about that time period and what it was like for different types of people in different classes to live during that time. I'm also really sad that it's over but I found a new British drama to replace it (aka Call the Midwife)

6. Gossip Girl
This is one I haven't watched in a while but will always be close to my heart. I was obsessed with this show from early 2011 to about mid 2013. This show was one of the things that helped me get through rough times with my anxiety during those years and that's why it will always be on my list of favorite shows even though I hardly watch it anymore. I love the whole rich/glamour-ness of the show (like most peopler) but the early storylines are entertaining and make you want to keep watching to see what's going to happen and then towards the end I just watched to find out what was going to happen to my favorite couple (#chair).

7. Quantico
My most recent currently-on-tv show. It's one of those mystery drama shows that you just can't turn away from. Every episode has a twist and you're just trying to find out who keeps blowing up buildings all around NYC. It's slightly unrealistic but still realistic enough (especially since I live in the NYC area and it's very scary to think that someone can blow up Grand Central)

8. Full House
Just like Friends, I've been watching this for as long as I can remember. It can be a but cheesy butit's funny and heartwarming and nostalgic. Also, I'm super excited for Fuller House so I can feel even more nostalgic about this show (but also sad because no Michelle)

9. Chopped
I love Food Network and all of their food competition shows, this being one of my favorite ones. I just like to watch all of the random items they get and see what they make with them.

10. Cupcake Wars
Another Food Network show! Just like Chopped, I love watching what people can make. I'm a big baker. It's probably my favorite hobby and I love learning new tips and tricks from this show. I've even gotten the chance to meet Florian at a chocolate show in NYC and he is so nice and even gave me some tips on how to make French macarons.

No comments:

Post a Comment