Popular Posts

5/22/2016

May Favorites

I can't believe May is over! This month went by so quickly. Some amazing things happened this month and I'm happy to share some of the things I've been loving.

The exciting things that happened this month was I turned 22 (*Taylor Swift's 22 plays in the background*) and I graduated college so the first two favorites are actually gifts.

First are my new Frends headphones, the rose gold Laya ones. I absolutely love them! I've wanted over the ear headphones for a while and I really liked these. I know they're expensive so when I told my mom I wanted them I didn't expect to get them. They are very comfortable to wear and the sound is very good. I'm really excited to use them for traveling this summer.

The next gift I got that I got, which is also a big favorite, are my new Adidas Superstars! Again, another gift I said I wanted but didn't actually think I would get. They are just so cute and look so good on and are so comfortable I just love them so much! My mom actually ordered a size 7 and they turned out to be too big and I did have to return them to get the 6.5 (which were so hard to find, by the way) and those fit much bigger (so if you're getting these double check the size).

Isla and the Happily Ever After
This month I finally finished this Stephanie Perkins series (review here) and I loved it! My review explains more about what I thought about the book, but basically I really enjoyed it.

Mother's Day
The only new movie I saw this month (not a good movie month for me, I blame it on Call The Midwife) and I really did like it. I was surprised because I've seen these types of movies before and I never really liked them but this one was different. It had it's cheesy/not so great moments but overall it was a good, funny movie that I would watch again.

Origins GinZing energy boosting moisturizer 
I got this as a sample at the beginning of the month and I used it a few times and it's now my favorite moisturizer. I used to (well, still use but not as often) use the Sephora brand 8 hour matte moisturizer, which I really liked because my skin is oily and that helps stop the oil for a little while, but I also get acne and use acne medication which dries out my skin sort of (it's weird, I don't know). Sometimes using the matte moisturizer wasn't that great for me because it would make my makeup look weird and show my dry skin more. After using this moisturizer I found that while it does end up being semi-matte, it goes on a feels more moisturizing. I really like this and it makes my makeup look better and my face less dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment