Popular Posts

5/19/2016

Favorite Nail Colors For Spring/Summer

I'd like to think I know a thing or two about nails/nail polish. I've always loved doing my nails and doing different nail designs and over the years I've really grown to love certain brands and colors.
Since it's the spring/summer time I thought I'd share some of my favorite spring/summer colors that hopefully you'll enjoy as well.

Ballet Slippers - Essie
This first color is my go-to spring/summer color. Whenever I want something light and more on the neutral side I always go for this one. It is pretty sheer so I usually put on three coats.

 







Boom Boom Room - Essie
I love pink colors on my nails. They're always my go-to colors, especially at this time of year. I love this color because it just looks so nice with a summer tan. The past few vacations I've been on I had this on my nails and I just love it. It's darker than Ballet Slippers but also not to neon






Sweet Heart - OPI

Another light pink color, surprise! I told you I really liked pink nail polish. Although I do love Ballet Slippers, I usually am on the hunt for colors like it that don't require a million coats and with this one, I think I found a winner. This is a good alternative for Ballet Slipper if you want something less sheer and with fewer coats. It's a super pretty light pink that I have had on pretty much non-stop for the past two months.



Nice N' Nude - Topshop
Surprisingly, this is the very first item I've bought at Topshop. As you can already tell, I like my blush/light pink colors. Well, I'm also a big fan of nude but I haven't been able to find one that I love. As of right now, I really, really light this one. For my skin tone (fair), I find this to really blend in well but still looking like I'm wearing nail polish (which sounds weird because it does look pretty dark but trust me, it works).

 


Alpine Snow - OPI
I love my white polishes for this time of year! Just like a lot of other people, I will usually have white on my nails at some point during the summer. I like how it looks with a tan and I like how clean and cool it is too. When trying to find a good white, I found most were very streaky and looked horrible on but this one leave little streaks and is the best one so far.

 







I Cannoli Wear OPI - OPI
I was just browsing the nail polish section in Duane Read, as usual, when I came across this color. I love grey, it's one of my favorite colors, and I just love this color. It's so simple and great for summer because it's a light grey and it's bright.

 







Mint Candy Apple - Essie
Contrary to this whole post, I really do like wearing colors, bright/fun colors, during the summer. This is one of those go-to colors for me. I don't know what it is about it, but I just love it. It's a really nice blue/green that just go well with pretty much anything.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment