Popular Posts

4/10/2016

Ombré hair gone wrong...

There are only two times in my life so far, that I can think of, that I've really gotten upset over my hair. The first time was almost four years ago when it had to be cut shoulder length because I had about five inches of pure damage and the second time is what I'm going to write about now.

So, ever since I was in either seventh or eighth grade I've gotten blonde highlights (my hair is medium to dark brown by the way) and I've been wanting something different. Last year, around fall time, I got red lowlights to change it up but you couldn't really see them and it didn't give the effect I wanted.

Earlier this year, around the end of February, I decided I wanted ombré hair. I know, I'm a little late on this trend, but k really do like it and I still wanted a change. My cousin's grandma, who is basically like another grandmother to me, works at a hair salon and always does my hair. I told her what I wanted to do so she tried it. She didn't want to put bleach in my hair (not this for later) because she was afraid it would get damaged again so she just put blonde dye straight on to my hair. This didn't really do much as my hair is brown, it just kind of lightened it up a bit. I went to Florida for Spring Break a few weeks later (beginning of March) and being in the sun all day really lightened it up a lot more to where you could tell it was a different color but it wasn't "in your face". But me being an idiot kept saying "I want it lighter!"

Just want to point out that I'm the type of person that when I get something in my mind I have to do it and I have to do it quickly. I guess you can say I'm impulsive with some things. I definitely with this. So it's been about a month since I got back from Florida and my brother was going to get a hair cut so I decided to tag along so I can have my hair lightened. When we got there she told me I could have bleach in it and me being the idiot that I am agreed to it because "I want blonde". So she put the bleach in m hair and left it in. When she washed it out and I saw it for the first time I was just in shock. I didn't know what to think. My hair was also wet at this point and it's always darker when it's wet so I thought it would get better once it's dry and fully curly (my hair is also naturally curly). I was so wrong. I tried drying it with a defuser and I didn't dry it as well as my hair dries naturally so I hated it even more. When I got home I really decided I hated it and something had to be done to chance it.

Another thing to note is I did this to myself right before my very important senior thesis presentation/gallery show and my graduation. Smart Christina, smart. Also, the day right after I dyed my hair we were having a party to celebrate my grandpa's birthday.

That same night, I had my best friend come over to help me perfect the sock bun (I'm not that good at it but I was desperate). For the party, it ended up working pretty well. That night, I put light brown dye in the blonde and it worked. It became this dark blonde (almost brown) color and, although it's not exactly what I wanted, it's WAY better than bleach blonde. The next day, I did my normal routine, get up, eat breakfast, take a shower. Well, after I showered my mom noticed my hair was lighter. Turns out, I washed most of the color out and my hair turned a greyish, greenish, blonde.

Later on in the week the color washed out and became a dark blonde, which didn't actually look too bad so I decided not to color or cut it.

Overall, this was a ridiculous experience that I' very happy turned out ok in the end and I wrote this post to hopefully help you not make the mistake I did. Do not be impulsive ms stubborn with something important like your hair, especially before important events.

No comments:

Post a Comment