Popular Posts

1/23/2016

Things to keep you busy during a blizzard

Since it's currently blizzarding (is that even a word?) outside right now, I thought I'd make a post about things to help keep you occupied during times like these when you can get very bored staying inside all day.

1. Read a book
I love to read! I find that times like these are great opportunities to catch up on a good book. I just finished Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng (very good, highly recommend) so now I'm just starting Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg.

2. Watch a movie
If you're not a big reader like I am, this is definitely a must. As much as I love to read I always enjoy a good movie. Today, on my list of movies to watch, is Stuck In Love, suggested by one of my friends. I love watching new movies and re-watching some of my favorites. I just go into my personal DVD collection and pick whatever I'm in the mood for.

3. Binge watch a tv show
Who doesn't love starting a new tv show and what better opportunity to do so during a blizzard? Right now I don't plan on watching any new shows but I do have some episodes of Modern Family and The Middle to catch up on so that will be happening today. Some of my personal favorite shows are (besides the two previously mentioned) Parks and Recreation, Downton Abby, Quantico, and, of course, Friends.

4. Catch up on some YouTube
I love watching YouTube videos just as much as watching movies and tv shoes. It's always one of my favorite ways to spend my time. There are so many great youtubers to watch too so you'll never be bored.

5. Make some hot chocolate or tea
I practically live off of these drinks during this time of the year, and it's an even bigger excuse to drink them during a blizzard! Some of my favorite teas are lemon, pomegranate raspberry green tea, and, recently added to this list, mango passion fruit. My absolute favorite way to drink hot chocolate (has been for a little over a year now) is to heat up some milk and melt Nutella in it. AMAZING! For all of you Nutella lover out there, you HAVE to try this. You'll never drink hott chocolate the same way again.

6. Make something
I would consider myself super crafty so when I'm stuck inside all day I like to take this time and do something crafty. I personally like to go on Pinterest or just  try something new out that I've been wanting to make.

7. Bake something
(Wow these past two things rhymed and I didn't even mean for them to. I should be a poet) I absolutely LOVE to bake. I would say it's my favorite hobby. Last night (yes, technically before the snow but who cares.... details) my friend came over and we made cookie butter cookies (if you've never tried cookie butter from Trader Joe's you have to go, as soon as it's safe to drive, and go buy some). I've made these cookies a few times and they've always turned out great (maybe ill make a blog post on them). You don't even have to make cookies, there are endless things to make! Cakes, cupcakes, muffins... You can even cook! And if you're such a good baker you can buy the pre-cut Pillsbury cookies (pretty sure the Valentine's Day ones are already out) or you can also buy pre-made cookies dough and just pop it in the oven. You'll definitely love having something nice and warm and delicious to go with your tea or hot chocolate!


I know there are a lot of other things you can do during a blizzard but these are just my personal favorite things to keep me busy. If you're anywhere where it's snowing outside please stay safe and have a fun snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment