Popular Posts

3/14/2017

Products I Regret Buying

Over the years I have purchased and tried out many many products. Not all of those products were good, but not all of them deserved an "never ever buy this product!". But I was a dumb teenager a there actually were quite a few that I didn't like enough to put it in a post and say I did not like this at all so think twice before you but it.

Obviously, these are my opinions and you may like some of these items but they weren't for me. If you are on the fence about purchasing any of these then maybe my opinions will help.

First we have the makeup category...



The first product I'm going to talk about is the Benefit Boi-ing concealer. I have oily skin, so I went into Sephora and asked one of the sales associates what is a good concealer for oily skin and this is the one they recommended. Now, it does do what it claims it does. It does conceal and it is a lot less liquidy than my current NYX concealer. The problem with this product is me. Although my skin is oily, when I use this concealer with my mattefying foundation (Tarte amazonian clay foundation) it's way too drying.



Next we have another Benefit product. I actually do like Benefit and would really like to try more from their brand, it's just these two products haven't really worked out for me. This second item is the Benefit Porefessional License To Blot blotting stick. Like I just mentioned, I have oily skin so I, obviously, need to blot many times throughout the day. I thought this blotting stick would super convenient to keep in my bag and easier to use than blotting pads, or even a tissue. I just don't think this product works like it should. I feel like when I try and blot all it does is wipe my makeup off and not remove the oils. The first time I used this I was hoping it was because maybe I was using it wrong, but you can't really use this wrong and it did the same thing. I'm kind of disappointed about this because it's so convenient but at the same time so useless.




The next product I'm going to mention are actually multiple items but I'm counting them as one. These next products I regret buying are the Sephora brand makeup brushes. I had bought a bunch of them when I had first really gotten into makeup, when I was in either 9th or 10th grade. I kept using them and not really exploring any other brush brands thinking they were too expensive (and then I found RealTechniques but that's another story). I just did not like these brushes. I felt like they just didn't do much and they didn't apply makeup as well as they should have.



The last makeup item I have, may be a controversial one. This next product I'm going to mention is something that most people love and I used to before finding something much, much better, and these products are the EOS lip balms. Yes, I really do not like EOS. I had bough quite a few of them when they first came out. They were the new "in" thing, they're a cool shape, and there are a ton of different scents to try. As someone who suffers from permenently chapped lips (I blame this on my lack of water intake) I have chapstick with me all the time so I thought it would be so fun to try these out and collect a few different scents I thought I would like. I did use them, but after a while I felt like most of the scents did not smell that great and it left my lips still super chapped. Maybe it's just me, but I need something more medicated when it comes to chapstick.



I have two skin-related products on this list. The first product is a deodorant. I have my typical Dove deodorant that I've been using for years and really like but when I was searching YouTube, as I always do, I came across this more "higher end" deoderant from the brand LaVanilla. I didn't want to spend the $20-something on the full size so I found a travel-size version (both in Sephora) and decided to test it out. I felt like this did absolutely nothing. It's super dry but I feel like it did not absorb anything. Maybe if you didn't sweat at all this product would work for you, but the only thing I like about it is the scent. I do have a perfume from the same brand and I really like that, so buy the perfume and not the deoderant.



The next product is a skin-care one and it is the Freeman Feeling Beautiful mint and lemon clay mast. I've had skin issues for years so I have no problem spending more money on skin-care products. I was browsing Harmon one day and decided that I needed to start doing masks. I found this one, which is good for blackheads, and it was only $5 so I thought, why not? Well, this does not do anything. It does actually have a nice cooling feeling on your face and I do still use it just because I have it, but I like my Origins mask much better.



The next product is a hair product. I'm going to start off by letting you know that I have pretty curly hair so I have tried multiple hair straightening products for as long as I can remember. This product is a straightener that was all over tv with their super enticing infomercial, and this product is the InStyler straighter. I'm talking about the one with the circular brush thing that is supposed to brush through your hair as it straightens but all that does is make my hair more frizzy than it really is. I definitely prefer my CHI, even my $20 Revlon one (that wasn't that great) to the InStyler. I also managed to burn my neck with it... don't ask.



And the last product that I'm going to talk about it is a nail polish. I absolutely love my nail polish and also nail art, it's something I've love for years, so I'm very into trying new polish brands and this is one of those brands that I had wanted to try for a long time, and that is Butter London. The main reason why I regret buying this product, or should I say buying a lot of this product, is the prince. These are about $18 each... and I have six and a matte top coat. That's a lot of money spent on nail polish. I do like this product, but it claims to be long lasting and chip less than other brands. I don't think that is true, I feel like that is the opposite. I use this with the same base and top coat that I use with my OPI and Essie polishes and I actually think those drug store brands last a little longer. I do actually like these polishes, which kind of contredicts the fact that I'm talking about this in this post, but for the price, I think just stick to the good old drugstore brands because they have similar enough colors and hare more than half the price,


So those are some of the products that I regret buying over the years. I love trying out new products and some are great and some just don't work out. These are the ones that I personally did not like but that may be different for you.

I also plan on making a YouTube video to go along with this post so look out for that on my channel
youtube.com/ChristinaRED


No comments:

Post a Comment